Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid: unexpected Grid behavior
posted

Hello,

I'm just trying to show the grid from sql database on pageload with autogenerated columns but the grid is not behaving as expected.

using Visual Studio 2019 Professional, and dotnet framework 4.7.2

attaching the grid behavious as well as designer page

here is the aspx code

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Home.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebGridTest.Home" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics45.Web.v19.1" Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls" TagPrefix="ig" %>
<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="">www.w3.org/.../xhtml">
<head runat="server">
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
<ig:WebExcelExporter ID="ultraWebGridExcelExporterBenefitDesign" runat="server" ExportMode="Download" DownloadName="BenefitDesign" DataExportMode="AllDataInDataSource" />
<ig:WebDataGrid ID="UltraWebGridSearchResult" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="True">
<%--<Behaviors>
</Behaviors>--%>
</ig:WebDataGrid>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

Two issues: 

1.  Error Creating Control - UltraWebGridSearchResultFailed to create designer 'Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.WebDataGrid, Infragistics45.Web.v19.1, Version=19.1.20191.115, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb'

2. Unexpected Grid behaviour

Do I need some other dependencies to run webdatagrid? Please help me out

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your question and prepared a small sample trying to reproduce the described behavior. However, on my side everything seems to work as expected, without any exceptions.

I assume this exception is thrown due to syntax error in the code or assemblies are not referred correctly and Visual Studio Designer cannot recognize properties.

Please make sure that if assemblies re copied in the Bin folder the  Infragistics45.Web.Design.v19.1.dll is there and  VS Designer uses it. After adding this assembly you may need to refresh the designer

Also make sure that you use the same CLR in the assembly registrations. For example if you use assemblies starting with Infragistics4 (meaning CLR4) make sure there are no Infragistics45 references.

Additionally, here could be found my sample for your reference. Please test it on your side and let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data