Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebSplitter Iframe View Load Events not firing. Please Help!!!!
posted

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the WebSplitter Control. On my page I have a WebSplitter with 2 panes. In the left pane is a ListBar Control In the right pane is an IFrame View.

The links in the ListBar load up various aspx pages into the IFrame view.. This all works well & as expected.

My Problem occurs with the pages that get loaded. One page has a database call on it's load event. This call determines what information gets displayed to the user & what features are available...

When the page is called from the listbar, the page loads into the IFrame view but the Database call does not fire. If I right mouse click in the splitter pane & click refresh the event fires & all is good! I can't ask my users to click refresh everytime...

Why does this happen? Is there anyway to get the pages load events to fire every time the links is clicked? What am i doing wrong??

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thank you.

Dave

Heres some example code....

<ig:WebSplitter runat="server" ID="WebSplitter1" Orientation="Vertical" Height="100%" DynamicResize="false" Width="950px" >
<SplitterBar CssClass="Locked">
</SplitterBar>
<Panes>
<ig:SplitterPane ToolTip="Navigation Pane" Size="20%" CollapsedDirection="PreviousPane" Locked="true">
<Template>

<iglbar:UltraWebListbar ID="UltraWebListbar1" runat="server" Width="188px" BarWidth="100%" BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="4px" ItemSelectionStyle="IconOnlySelection" MergeStyles="True" Height="100%" ItemIconStyle="Circle">
<DefaultItemHoverStyle BorderStyle="Outset" BorderWidth="1px" BackColor="#3399FF"> <Margin Left="-12px" />
</DefaultItemHoverStyle>
<Groups>
<iglbar:Group Text="Advertise Vacancies" TextAlign="Left" ItemAlign="left">
<Labels Collapsed="" Expanded="" Selected="" />
<Items>
<iglbar:Item Text="Submit a new vacancy" TargetFrame="_view" TargetUrl="Advertise/Submit-Vacancy.aspx">
<Labels Selected="" />
</iglbar:Item>
</Items>
</iglbar:Group>
</Groups>
<DefaultGroupButtonHoverStyle BackgroundImage="orangeexplorer.gif">
</DefaultGroupButtonHoverStyle>
<
DefaultItemStyle Cursor="Default" Font-Names="Verdana" ForeColor="Black">
<Margin Left="-12px" />
<Padding Top="4px" Bottom="4px" />
</DefaultItemStyle><DefaultGroupStyle BackColor="" Cursor="Default" Height="100%">
</DefaultGroupStyle><DefaultItemHoverStyle BorderStyle="None" BackColor="#66CCFF"></DefaultItemHoverStyle>
<DefaultItemSelectedStyle BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="1px" Cursor="Default" BackColor="#0066FF"><Margin Left="-5px" /></DefaultItemSelectedStyle><DefaultGroupButtonSelectedStyle BackColor="Silver" Cursor="Default" ForeColor="Black"></DefaultGroupButtonSelectedStyle><DefaultGroupButtonStyle BackgroundImage="grayexplorer.gif" Cursor="Default" Font-Bold="True" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="10pt" Height="24px"><Padding Left="10px" /></DefaultGroupButtonStyle>

</iglbar:UltraWebListbar>
</Template>

</ig:SplitterPane>
<ig:SplitterPane ToolTip="Content Pane" Size="80%" EnableRelativeLayout="true">
<Template>
<iframe name="_view" id="_view" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; border: none 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" frameborder="0" src="Advertise/Advert-Summary.aspx">
</
iframe>
</Template>
</ig:SplitterPane>
</Panes>
</ig:WebSplitter>

The database call that doesn't fire is in the load event of Advertise/Submit-Vacancy.aspx

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Ok,

I've fixed the problem. My listbox wasn't initiating a full postback on click of its items.

I played with the AutoNavigateSelectedItem & the Autopostback settings on the listbox.

It's now working everytime!!

Children
No Data