Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems adding row to grid with JavaScript CSOM
posted

I'm trying to create a VERY SIMPLE grid where a user can enter data.  No formatting, no AJAX stuff, just enter data and then submit the entire page.  It's proving to be quite a task.

I'll go into my complaints about the standard Add Row behavior in another post. But right now I can't seem to add a row to the grid using the CSOM.  Calls like this:

grid.get_rows().add({ "ID": "20", "Quantity": "1", "ModelNumber": "2", "SerialNumber": "3", "Description": "None" });

grid.get_rows().add(["20","1", "2", "3", "None" ]);

just return various different server-side errors (even though I've done all I can so that it doesn't do a postback for a new record -- can't a new row be added without a server call?)

The first method returns this error:

[InvalidCastException]: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Object]' to type 'System.Object[]'.

at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.LoadAdditionalClientState(Object state)

at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.RunBot.HandleRaisePostDataChangedEvent()

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.netapp_newrequest_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\49289e6c\1b9e68a0\App_Web_0ihku952.0.cs:line 0

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

and the second call returns this error:

[NullReferenceException]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.LoadAdditionalClientState(Object state)

at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.RunBot.HandleRaisePostDataChangedEvent()

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents()

[HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.netapp_newrequest_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\49289e6c\1b9e68a0\App_Web_fwwrhmj8.0.cs:line 0

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

How can I stop these errors?  Better yet, can I get add row to occur without a server side call back?

The grid is bound to a very simple DataTable at runtime that looks like this:

DataTable dt = new DataTable();

dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("ID"));
dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Quantity"));
dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("ModelNumber"));
dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("SerialNumber"));
dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Description"));

dt.PrimaryKey = new DataColumn[] { dt.Columns["ID"] };

dt.Rows.Add(new object[] { "0" });
dt.Rows.Add(new object[] { "1" });
dt.Rows.Add(new object[] { "2" });
dt.Rows.Add(new object[] { "3" });