Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebChart Updating Contents NetAdvantage 10.2 ASP.NET
posted

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble using the UltraWebChart. What I'm trying to achieve is allow the user choose from a drop down various time scales (week month year, etc.) in which to display the contents of the Gantt chart, so if the user chooses the year view all the moths should be labelled across the X2 axis running along the top of the chart. Down the Y axis will display various activities. 

The main problem is when the user changes the time scale to weeks for example, the X2 will change it's labels and the spacing between them, however the items contained within the Gantt chart are not  scaled with it to reflect the change in time scale.

(I'm using the NetAdvantage 10.2 ASP.NET CLR4x tools)

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem. It sounds to be like you're only changing the tickmark interval type (from days to weeks, for example) without changing the range of your axis. If so, you wouldn't expect your actual gantt boxes to change in any way, because the start and end dates will still remain the same and will map to the same spot on the x2 axis.

For example,
    You've set
    chart.Axis.X2.TickmarkInterval = 52;
    chart.Axis.X2.TickmarkIntervalType = AxisIntervalType.Weeks;

and you have an axis ranging from 1/1/2010 to 12/31/2010 and a gantt item that starts on 9/28/2010, it will always be mapped to where 9/28 is on the axis. All the above code did was give you 52 axis labels.

Can you maybe explain the problem a bit more and attach a few screenshots and/or a code sample?

Children
No Data