Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ColumnLineChart axis scale and legend
posted

I am using the ColumnLineChart to display sales total in column and sales target in line. I am doing this by setting both the ColumnData.DataSource and LineData.DataSource with different DataTables.

Is there a simple way to get both the column and line to be on the same scale without going to custom AxisRangeType? Since sales total and sales target are related, having them on two different scales defeats the purpose of the chart.

The legend is only displaying the column series and not for the lines. How do I get the line legends to show?

thanks

Offline posted

no, there is no simple way to get the same range for the Y and Y2 axes.  a composite chart would actually be better for this purpose, because you could use the same Y axis for column and line layers.

as for the legend -- try setting the Legend.DataAssociation property to SplitData.  or use a composite chart, as this offers a more flexible solution for the legend.