Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Get textbox values of selected row in ClientSide Javascript (RowSelectionChanging Client Side Event)
posted

Hello:

Does documentation exist where I could find the appropriate javascript functions to use to access values in individual cell items of a currently selected row? I have created a JS event handler to handle the RowSelectionChanging event on the client side. I have successfully enabled Intellisense by adding a webscript manager and temporarily removing the reference to the master page. However, when I assign a variable the collection returned by getCurrentSelectedRows(), no methods appear for this variable under intellisense. Does a function such as get_item or get_cell exist in this collection? Even more specifically the values I must access are values inside textboxes that sit on top of the cell. I know that on the server side "FindControl" can be used.

In the end, my goal is to handle this event, access the values from each textbox of the row and then send a manual AJAX request to update the database with these values.

Any input would be much appreciated. Below is my javascript function. It is very simple because I have not been able to proceed beyond this point as I don't know which functions to use to access cell items.

Thank you,

function

gridRowSelectionChanging(sender, e) {

///<summary>

///

///</summary>

///<param name="sender" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.WebDataGrid"></param>

///<param name="e" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.RowSelectionChangingEventArgs"></param>

//Returns a Read Only collection of the currently selected rows

var

currentSelectedRows = e.getCurrentSelectedRows();

Parents Reply Children
No Data