Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
postback on Webdatagrid
posted

I am using NetAdvantage 2011.1

I am using the webdatagrid.  Instead of using some object data source, I write my own server event handlers.  I found that if I edit a cell, it would immediately causes postback and causes persistent change in the database.  same with adding a new row deleting a row.  i.e., I do not really need a "submit" button to cause a postback.  In fact it does everything without a submit button.  What I want is the grid to not to postback, until I click the submit button.  I want to be able to hit the submit button and cause a batch of changes I make in the grid.  I thought that was the default behavior.  Apparently I am setting the parameters right.  How do I do this?

This is what I do currently:

In the webdatagrid, set AutoCRUD="false", enableajax="False" onRowUpdating="wdg_RowUpdating" EnableDataViewState="True" onrowadding="wdg_RowAdding" onrowsdeleting="wdg_RowsDeleting"

In the <behaviors> section, I set: <ig:EditingCore autocrud="False">

In the code behind, I define these methods to execute some stored procedures to effect persistent changes:

wdg_RowUpdating(object sender, RowUpdatingEventArgs e)

wdg_RowAdding(...)

wdg_RowsDeleting(...)