Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
No controls?
posted

I've tried installing the NetAdvantage for ASP.NET 2008 Vol 1 for both CLR 2 and 3.5 (not at the same time).  In neither one of these attempts did my toolbox populate with controls. I tried running the "Create Visual Studio Toolbox Tab" and it didn't create anything.

God help me I'm running Vista. Also running Visual studio 2008 and IIS 7 is in management compatibility mode. 

Has anyone had and solved this problem? I'm at the end of my rope, and Ifragistics support is down to repeating "uninstall it and reinstall".

Thanks!

Parents
    posted

Try right clicking in the Toolbox to add a new, empty tab.  Then open a Windows Explorer window (shortcut: Windows Key-E) on the "C:\Program Files\Infragistics\NetAdvantage for ASP.NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 2.0\ASP.NET\bin" folder (or to the \ASP.NET\bin subfolder in whichever path you had installed to), if you are in a details view it is easy to sort the files in Windows Explorer by clicking the column header (so all the .dll Application Extension files will appear together as a group), select the range of .dll files with Shift-click on the first file in the group and then Shift-click on the last file in the group and drag the whole lot of them over to your new tab in the Toolbox.  Should work (or if it doesn't work, at least you will get some kind of message from Visual Studio as to perhaps why it didn't work.)

Reply Children
No Data