Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Empty DataKey Issue with BatchUpdating and Activation Enabled
posted

Greetings,

I am having an issue using the WebDataGrid in Batch mode with Activation enabled.  If I add a row (client side since this is batch mode), select the newly added row and then issue a postback I receive the error and stack trace below:

System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.DataBot.ChangeType(Object value, Type toType)
at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.DataBot.Compare(Object value1, Object value2)
at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridRecordCollection.FromKey(Object[] dataKey)
at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridRecordCollection.FromIDPair(IDPair idPair)
at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridRecordCollection.GetCellFromIDPair(ItemIDPair idPair)
at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.Activation.RaiseServerEvents()
at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.RaiseBehaviorServerEvents(GridBehaviorCollection behaviors)
at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.RaisePostDataChangedEvent()
at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.RunBot.HandleRaisePostDataChangedEvent()
at Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.HandleRaisePostDataChangedEvent()
at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.FlatDataBoundControl.RaisePostDataChangedEvent()
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I'm not sure why the Activation is trying to fetch a cell presumably for the newly added row because its DataKey is a meaningless placeholder "keyEmptyIG_0" and will certainly not parse as a Guid.  I should clarify that the DataKey for the grid rows is a Guid coming from the database primary key for the table.  Also, I will not get this error if an existing (not newly added) row is selected prior to the postback.

I could simply disable the Activation behavior but the ability to tab from one cell to another is a feature our users want and I don't see any other easy way to do this without the Activation behavior.

Are there any options in the Activation behavior that I'm missing that could be causing this error?  Is this a known bug or am I simply encountering a scenario that hasn't been accounted for in the code?

Please let me know if you need any other information or clarification from me.

Thank you.