Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebExplorerBar and WebSplitter
posted

Hi,

I have a page with a WebSplitter with 2 panes. On the first pane I have the WebExplorerBar. Each item within the WebExplorerBar have their values set to different URLs. When I click on an item I want pane 2 to navigate to the URL specified in the WebExplorerBar Item Value.

How do I set the contentUrl on pane 2 to the URL I have in the WebExplorerBar item's value using JavaScript?.

Please post sample code to accomplish the above task and also advise if there is a better way to do this.

Note: I do not want use the autopost back feature of the WebExplorerBar.

Thanks

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello,

you could handle WebExplorerBar's click event and then set the Contet Url of the WebSpliiter's pane:

<head runat="server">
        <title></title>
        <script type="text/javascript" id="igClientScript">
    <!--
            function WebExplorerBar1_ItemClick(sender, eventArgs) {
                ///<summary>
                ///
                ///</summary>
                ///<param name="sender" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.WebExplorerBar"></param>
                ///<param name="eventArgs" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.ExplorerBarEventArgs"></param>

//Add code to handle your event here.
                var splitter = $find('<%=WebSplitter1.ClientID %>');
                if (eventArgs.getExplorerBarItem().get_text() == "Infragistics") {
                    splitter.get_panes()[1].set_contentUrl('http://infragistics.com');
                }
            }
    // -->
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <ig:WebScriptManager ID="WebScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </ig:WebScriptManager>
        <ig:WebSplitter ID="WebSplitter1" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="707px">
            <Panes>
                <ig:SplitterPane runat="server">
                    <Template>
                        <ig:WebExplorerBar ID="WebExplorerBar1" runat="server" GroupContentsHeight="" Width="250px">
                            <ClientEvents ItemClick="WebExplorerBar1_ItemClick"/>
                            <Groups>
                                <ig:ExplorerBarGroup GroupContentsHeight="" Text="Group">
                                    <Items>
                                        <ig:ExplorerBarItem Text="Infragistics">
                                        </ig:ExplorerBarItem>
                                    </Items>
                                </ig:ExplorerBarGroup>
                            </Groups>
                        </ig:WebExplorerBar>
                    </Template>
                </ig:SplitterPane>
                <ig:SplitterPane runat="server">
                </ig:SplitterPane>
            </Panes>
        </ig:WebSplitter>
        </form>