Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid not displaying data sometimes.
posted

Hi Team,

We are using WebDataGrid (Infragistics4.Web.v11.2, Version=11.2.20112.1019) in one of our application. We have observed following inconsistent behaviour:

1. Quite a few times we have noticed that grid goes blank not showing any data, however it shows correct page numbers as per records in the bounded collection. This mostly happens when we try to rebind the grid with new EmployeeResultList collection.

public IList<Employee>  EmployeeResultList

{

set

{

if (value != null)

{

if (value.Count > 0)

{

gridSearchResult.DataSource = value;

gridSearchResult.DataBind();

}

else

{

gridSearchResult.ClearDataSource();

}

}

else

{

gridSearchResult.ClearDataSource();

}                              

}

}

2. In another case we are using BoundCheckBoxField as a column and OnRowUpdating event. It has been observed that whenever we are selecting (checking) some of the rows the rest of the rows (unchecked) gets hidden, however count (in summary) shows correct number of bars (checked + unchecked).

Could you please let us know what could be the reason for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Aashay Bhargava

posted

Hello Aashay,

I would suggest that you bind the grid on page load. Please try this and if it doesn't work, provide me with a small sample, demonstrating the issue, in order to be able to investigate this further.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

posted

Hi Aashay,

When you call ClearDataSource on the grid, its DataSource is cleared to null, so DataBind() does nothing.  Set a DataSource.

regards,
    David Young