Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Help! WebDataGrid displays hidden fields on Ajax Postback
posted

I have a project (ASP.NEXT WebForms, CLR4.5, IG 2012.2 ). There is a master page that contains a script-manager and an AJAX update panel. The panel encompases a content control that appears on all of the child pages so these are AJAX-aware. Data is provided via SQLDataSources (I'm not using entity framework.)

With WebDataGrids on display, when there is an AJAX postback the grids (both on the master and child pages) lose some of their formatting and hidden fields (containing record IDs etc) become visible.

I have tried combinations of explicitly enabling and disabling ViewState and AjaxViewState to no avail.

This was not happening before - please help. I have wasted much time on this and I am about to hit a project deadline.

Kind regards

Paul

Dev system: Windows 8 Ent, 64 bit. VS2012. IG for ASP.NET 12.2.20122.2014. I have a current paid maintenance/updates agreement.