Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataMenu does not render correctly in IE
posted

I have a project under asp.net framework 4.0, infragistics 16.2

I have a very basic WebDataMenu inside a webdialog in a Master Page.

It renders correctly on load in Chrome and in FF. It also renders correctly in IE11 when I run it locally from under the Visual Studio 2012.

The problem is that WebDataMenu does not render correctly when I run it off production web server in IE - the problem occurs on load, and there is no custom code involved.

When I attempt to inspect the menu in IE, I get a js error:

“Unable to get property 'style' of undefined or null reference” in __hideItem: function(item)

After reading up on this error, I found out that if I turn off Compatibility View in IE, the menu works.

Question – is there a way to have WebDataMenu working in IE regardless of Compatibility View settings?

<ig:WebDataMenu ID="UltraWebMenu1" runat="server" StyleSetName="Nautilus" Width="99.9%"
                        WebMenuStyle="WebStandard" EnableAppStyling="True" StyleSetPath="~/ig_res"  Enabled ="true" 
                        EnableViewState="False" TargetFrame="" GroupSettings-Orientation="Horizontal"  >
                        <Items>
                            <ig:DataMenuItem Text="File">
                                <Items>
                                    <ig:DataMenuItem Text="Home" ImageUrl="~/Images/open-32x32.png" CssClass="menuitem"></ig:DataMenuItem>
                                    <ig:DataMenuItem Text="" IsSeparator="True"></ig:DataMenuItem>
                                    <ig:DataMenuItem Text="Exit" ImageUrl="~/Images/Log-out-20.png" CssClass="menuitem"></ig:DataMenuItem>
                                </Items>
                            </ig:DataMenuItem>
                            <ig:DataMenuItem Text="Help">
                                <Items>
                                    <ig:DataMenuItem Text="Contents" ImageUrl="~/Images/help_16.png" CssClass="menuitem"></ig:DataMenuItem>
                                    <ig:DataMenuItem Text="About" ImageUrl="~/Images/info_16.png" CssClass="menuitem"> </ig:DataMenuItem>
                                    <ig:DataMenuItem IsSeparator="True" Text=""></ig:DataMenuItem>               
                                    <ig:DataMenuItem Text="Contact" ImageUrl="~/Images/address_16.png" CssClass="menuitem"></ig:DataMenuItem>
                                </Items>
                            </ig:DataMenuItem>
                        </Items> 
                    </ig:WebDataMenu>

Menu Rendering

Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for the code and images you have sent.

In what compatibility version of IE are you running your application? Is your browser set to IE6/7 compatibility view?

Sincerely,

Nick

Entry-Level Software Developer