Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can I save the appointment Information to the client side?
posted

I want to save the appointment Information to the client side .

Now I bind the webscheduleinfo to the database, but when I add the appointment to the webdayview, the appointment information will be add to the database.

But I don't want to access to the database every time . when I add the appointment.

Can I save the appointment Information to the client side temporarily,  and when I click the " save button ", the added  appointments' Information will be saved to the database.

posted

I don't believe that this is possible with WebSchedule.  Whenever you change an appointment, WebSchedule controls will send information to the server.

Theoretically, you might be able to implement a custom data provider that tracks changes made in Session state or a temporary file, and only commits them to the underlying data store when directed to do so.  Custom data providers are not trivial to implement, however.  This also won't prevent the need to contact the server once a change is committed on the client, though you can mitigate this somewhat by using the built-in AJAX capabilities of WebSchedule.

You can submit a feature request here, so that we can track your desire for this functionality and possibly include it in a future release.

posted

You should be able to use the client event ActivityAdding, do what you want, then cancel the event.. I use this code to prevent certain users from opening the details dialog.  

function GetSelectedActivity(scheduleInfo, evnt, dialog, activity)
        {
       if(activity != null)
       {
           // store activity details in a cookie, or wherever you want.. 
       }
       // do not show the appointment details box
       evnt.cancel = true;
       return false;
       }