Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Spell check from subfolders with single dialog and dictionary file
posted

In my previous release I had most of my primary pages in the rootfolder along with the spellchecker dialog.

I had the dictionary file in a subfolder called dictionary. Everything worked fine, in this release,

I had to organize the site with subfolders for the primary pages. This broke the spellcheckers. I could not

get the webspellchecker controls to recognize the dialog from a subfolder, so I copied it into each

subfolder. Then I cannot get the control to find the dictionary file. I then had to put a copy of the

dictionary file into each folder. This is fine, however, due to the way users access the site and have to

have read/write permissions on the folders, it poses a security risk and IT has to assign special

permissions. Is this a bug or flaw in the control, or is there a way to get the dialog to find other folders

from a subfolder? I've tried setting server.mappath in the codebehind and all the html referencing like

(..\, ~\, ..\..\, etc) but nothing words.