Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebHierarchicalDataSource Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
posted

Hello,

I receive this error after dragging the WebHierarchicalDataSource on to a web form.  I get this error even if the WHDS has no views added to it. 

Any thoughts what may be wrong? 

I've attached a small project with three pages.  One uses 2 access datasources in combination with the WHDS to do a simple hiearchy.

The other only has script manager and WHDS control on it.  Both pages give me the Object ref error.

Thanks,

Bill

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.FlatDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +29
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

WebHierachDS_Test.zip