Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Populating the data without postback/page refresh
posted

Hi There,

I am using Webdatagrid and in that I wanted to populate the items without page refresh. Initially I will load the data (folders information from server) to the webdatagrid in page_load event() and for further click in any of the folder name (grid item) I wanted to load the sub folders and it should not refresh the entire page. please refer the below screecap shows my webdatagrid contains the root folders(fixed) when the page is initially loaded.

Can anyone help me to get it done?. if sample or piece of code provided then that would be of great help to me.

posted

Hello Simbu,

You have two options. You can either use the WebHierarchicalDataGrid with AJAX enabled so that during initial load only the root level is display. Upon click on the expansion indicator the child band will be fetched. 

Another option is if you want to display the sub folders in a separate list then put that in an update panel an set a row selection changed trigger on the first grid. When row selection is changed, update the second grid with sub folders. This way there will be no postback. 

-Taz.