Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebHierarchicalDataGrid Sending Existing Rows back to server after edit
posted

Scenario:

WebHierarchicalDataGrid 

AutoUpdate = False, BatchMode= True

AutoGenerateColumns="false"

AutoGenerateBands="false"

EnableAjax="False" EnableAjaxViewState="False"

EnableDataViewState="True" EnableViewState="True"

onrowadding="Grid1_RowAdding" onrowupdating="Grid1_RowUpdating" 

I am attempting to create a bank account deposits page where users have the ability to save pending deposits and retrieve them later, modify them, and then commmit.

Lets say they have 1 pending deposit row, the grid loads and the row is present. Then they add an additional deposit row and click finish later. The editing core is only going to have knowledge of the added row, the existing row would not be sent back to server through RowAdding or RowUpdating event. Currently I am touching each row when retrieving pending deposits in order to get the existing rows to end up in the editingCore's list of pendingUpdates. Then when the page posts all of the rows are sent to the server. This is ugly!!

I do not want to use the Session to transfer grid rows/child rows to and from the server. WIth the UltraWebGrid I had full access to the Grid's rows on the Server, with WebHierarchicalDataGrid it seems I don't, only modifed rows are available on server through e.values=>(hashmap)

I hope I am just missing something obvious, anyone have ideas?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi elPato79,

It has been some time since your post, however in case you still need assistance I would be glad to help.

As far as I can see from the information you have provided you are using DataViewState. Therefore, I assume that after updating your datasource with the modified/added information, you are rebinding your grid's data source. Please note that in that case the InitializeRow event is raised for each (loaded) row which allows access to the row values. A thing to note here is that bound field row values cannot be modified upon row initialization.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Children
No Data