Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Check multiple controls in one WebSpellChecker
posted

I know it's possible to check multiple controls using one WebSpellChecker, but a WebSpellCheckerDialog pops up for each control that is being checked.

Is it possible to have only one WebSpellCheckerDialog popup for multiple controls? 

Below is the way that I am using one WebSpellChecker to check multiple controls.

function checkspelling() {

var spellid = "WebSpellChecker1";

var editor = ig_getWebControlById(spellid);

var elem = document.getElementById('form1').elements;

for (var i = 0; i < elem.length; i++) {

if (elem[i].type == 'text' || elem[i].type == 'textarea') {

editor.checkTextComponent(elem[i].name);

}

}

}

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello rfa,

Thank you for posting in the community.

WebSpellChecker does not currently support the functionality of checking multiple text components (trying to loop through the controls results in the dialog window "flashing" multiple times until being displayed only for the last control to be checked).

I have logged a product idea on your behalf regarding this functionality directly with our Product team.Our product team chooses new product ideas for development based on popular feedback from our customer base.  Infragistics continues to monitor application development for all of our products, so as trends appear in requested features, we can plan accordingly.

We value your input, and our philosophy is to enhance our toolset based on customer feedback.  If your feature is chosen for development, you will be notified at that time.  Your reference number for this product idea is PI12060029.

If you would like to follow up on your product idea at a later point, you may contact Developer Support management via email.  Please include the reference number of your product idea in the subject and body of your email message.  You can reach Developer Support management through the following email address:  dsmanager@infragistics.com

Thank you for your request.

Children
No Data