Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Override text displayed for appointments in day/week/month controls
posted

We are using the schedule controls to manage appointments for sales people. Our appointment entity has a number of fields in addition to those required by the schedule controls, including a customer and an appointment type (visit, phone call, etc). We map the subject in the schedule to a a subject field in the entity, in which the users can record a quick description of the appointment. The problem we have is that when looking at objects in the calendar, it's not clear from the subject who the appointment is with, and whether it is a visit or a phone call. I can more or less resolve this by mapping to a new composite field in the entity, that includes all three pieces of information. That would be okay, but it's still not ideal. For example, I'd like to indicate the appointment type using colour, shading or perhaps an icon. I'd quite like to have the customer and the subject on separate lines. So, is there a facility to override the rendering of the appointment in these views in a way that would allow me to do any of that? 

Thanks,

Kevin