Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraPanel Scrolling Sync
posted

I have two UltraPanels side-by-side. I have them synced with the .Scroll event which works fine when I move the scroll bar. Each panel has a series of text boxes in a vertical sequence. As I tab through each text box the scrollbar will change, but it only changes on the panel that currently has the focus. In other words, it does not seem to fire the .Scroll event.  

How can I sync the two panels when I am just tabbing through text boxes and not using the scrollbar to move up and down?

Also, how can I keep the two panels in sync when the user uses the scroll wheel instead of dragging the scroll bar?

Maybe what I am looking for is an event that fires when the position of the scrollbar (UltraPanel.VerticalScrollProperties.Value) changes.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Bill,

I have been investigating into this issue that you are reporting, and I have reproduced it. Unfortunately, I am not really seeing a great workaround to it, as there doesn’t appear to be an event on the UltraPanel or its ClientArea that fires specifically when the VerticalScrollProperties.Value property changes. As such, my recommendation of a workaround at the moment is to handle the Paint event of your UltraPanel and check the VerticalScrollProperties.Value between your two panels. This is by no means ideal, but at the moment, I am unsure of another way to catch this.

This behavior is unexpected, and as such, I have asked our development teams to investigate further. To ensure it will receive attention, I have logged this behavior in our internal tracking systems with a development ID of 252499. I have also created you a private support case which I will link to this issue so you can track the status of it. This support case has an ID of CAS-195362-X6B9H6 and you can access it here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Software Developer

Children
No Data