Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to automaticly show the Touch Keyboard in UltraTextEditor in Winform application?
posted

I write a Winform application on Win10 OS  using Infragistics4 v15.2. And  I have a Touch screen.

But why it does not show the key board when the UltraTextEditor get focus ?

Offline posted

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support!

This matter has been investigated by our development team with the following information determined. This is a limitation of the DotNet framework for Winforms. MS doesn’t provide a way for this to be handled as there isn’t an API to show the touch keyboard. And in testing the MS DataGridView and editors and the same behavior is see where it does not show the touch keyboard.

Please let me know if you have any further questions concerning this matter.

Offline posted

I'm not sure if this will work, but one thing you could try for UltraTextEditor is to set AlwaysInEditMode to true. When you do that, there will always be a TextBox control on top of the UltraTextEditor, so in theory, that should work.

The down side is that you will lose the ability to show certain appearances like gradients or hatches on the UltraTextEditor's background - which is pretty uncommon, anyway.