Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Splitting merged cells in Excel export
posted

I have a set of reports with multiple levels of header.  The headers themselves (which have to be groups in order to account for the multiple levels) have two pieces of data in them:

When I was creating this table in ASP.NET (back before I was using Infragistics tools), I could copy the table to an Excel spreadsheet, and the line breaks in the headers resulted in those lines being split into two rows:

But when I use the Ultragrid and the Excel export component, each header line appears in a single row:

Ordinarily, this would be fine.  But our users are accustomed to being able to select the rows separately, so I need some way split those rows.  I can't do it in the original table, because that would be far too many levels of grouping.  Is there any way to get the Excel export to split those values into separate rows the way a simple copy and paste would work?

Thanks,

Lisa

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data