Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraTree: mix of columnsets (ragged hierarchy)
posted

Hi,

I'd like to display a hierarchy of the following structure in an unbound (=code-drawn) UltraTree.

• I have 4 datepart nodes which are subordinated in the usual way: year, halfyear, quarter, month.
  • Each of these datepart nodes may contain subnodes for requirements, as well as the single "child datepart node" for year, halfyear and quarter (month has no child datepart node)
  • For the 4 datepart nodes, there's a uniform columnset (of. say, 3 columns)
  • For the requirements' nodes, there's a different uniform columnset (of, say, 8 columns)
  • The datepart nodes should always be the first child of its parent, so that its descendants can be collapsed: "year requires year's requirements plus the halfyear's and its descedants. I can collapse the halfyear to see only year-specific requirements".

So, this could look that way:

Year
Halfyear
Quarter
Month
MonthRequirement1
MonthRequirement2
QuarterRequirement1
QuarterRequirement2
QuarterRequirement3
HalfyearRequirement1
HalfyearRequirement2
HalfyearRequirement3
YearRequirement1
YearRequirement2

I've built two columnsets, colsetDatepart and colsetRequirement, but the UltraTree view style strikes back:

• set to OutlookExpress, all columns have the same headers 
  • set to Grid, each Node gets its own header . The usual remedy here is giving the parent's nodes collection a single constant columnset instead of assigning the same columnset to each node. But here, the parent-nodes need to have two distinct columnsets. So, thats no way either.

What can I do? Any hint appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Parents Reply Children
No Data