Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultragrid update-pencil
posted

Hi!

I have an UltraWingrid bound to a DataView. In the underlying DataTable I have a DataColumn with DataType Boolean. In the grid I have a checkbox for that column. When I click on the checkbox a checkmark is visible respective hiding, indicating the value. What more is showing is a pencilmark in the row selector.

Now, I want that the value should go in to the DataTable as soon as possible and be commited with AcceptChanges ther and the pencilmark be hidden. For that reason I have

grid.UpDateMode = = UpdateMode.OnCellChange

and in grid.ClickCell event I try to force the grid to updating by

e.Cell.Row.Update
grid.UpdateData
Dataview.Table.Acceptchanges
grid.Refresh

AND THE PENCIL IS STILL THERE!

What in Earth sould I do to get rid of it?

Offline posted

Hi Alfonz,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics Community!

I have been looking into your question and what I can say is that this is a scenario that has been encountered by other developers before and I found some forum threads discussing it such as this one, this other one, etc. It could be helpful to go through them and the suggested approaches and see which one works best for you.

To sum up, the workaround you are already attempting is viable, however, a more suitable event, which is also recommended in the above referenced threads would be the CellChange. Additionally, invoking only ‘e.Cell.Row.Update();’ should suffice.

If you require any further assistance on the matter, please, let me know.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova
    Associate Software Developer