Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Saving and Loading Displaylayout
posted

Hi

Is there any property to find whether the user has modified any of these properties like  Column width, size, Position, Filter and Sorting?

I want to save and retain these properties in the grid when i open it again.

I want to save these properties in different scenarios.

I have a grid but 2 or more datasets . I will bind Dataset1 or Dataset2 based on the scenario to the same grid.

I want to retain the Layout properties in both the scenarios and reload them when i open the form again?

I am using Displaylayout Save and Load methods.

But i dont know in which events layout should be saved and when it should be binded to the grid?

Thanks

Ashok

posted

Changing a column's width (which is the same as its size) or its visible position will raise the BeforeColPosChanged and AfterColPosChanged events.

Changing filtering on a column will raise the BeforeRowFilterChanged and AfterRowFilterChanged events.

Changing the sort on a column (including grouping or ungrouping by a column) will raise the BeforeSortChange and AfterSortChange events.

In all three circumstances, I suggest using the "After" events instead of the "Before" events, since the changes will have taken effect by the time you hit the "After" events.