Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
toolbar manager disappearing
posted

I'm using 2007 v3 in VS .net 2005. I have a windows MDIform application. Everything was fine. Then in the last three weeks the toolbar on one of my child forms began disappearing from the component tray. However, all references to it remain in the VS . net 2005 designer code. References to it remain in intellisense and no errors are generated in vb code where I reference the toolbar manager name. I can run the project and it works as long as I do not reference a tool name in running code. However, the child  form menu and all its tools are gone. Sometimes closing the form and reopening it restores the menu. Sometimes rebuilding restores it but far too often I must go into the designer code, remove all references to the toollbar, add a new toolbar to the child form and then load my menu.xml layout. This occors when I have a compile time error in the child form but not everytime I have an error. In addition it also destroyed the wingrid designer layout I had for my wingrid which displays formulas in this module. Now I create the whole layout in code.

I've tried: Reinstalling VS .net 2005, reinstalling netadvantage. I have also created a new application and added the offending form, I've tried copying the components and code to a new form all with no success. I've stepped through the form startup code to see if there is any particular spot where some other error is occuring and causing the problem but didn't find any smoking gun. It seems to me that during the build as the components disappear and reappear during the process the compiler is loosing it's reference to the toolbar. But I'm not sure if or why. In addition about 10% of the time when I loose the toolbar manager VS will loose  it's references to some of my binding sources on the form. I can resore these by rebuilding.

My recollection is that this all started late one evening when I was moving a component to the back using the vs .net toolbar move to back button. That makes no sense to me but I throw it out. Toolbars on every other form work exactly as expected.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Your suggestions are appreciated.

jlk

Suggested Answer
    posted

It sounds like the toolbars manager on application has gotten into a bad state. However, without seeing the project, it is impossible for me to say what is going on here. I would recommend submitting the Form with the problem to the support group so the issue can be investigated: http://www.infragistics.com/gethelp.