The unusual problem/issue I am facing when using ultragrid (v7.3) is as follows:-
1) We have Ultragrid at design time with Column 1, Column 2 and Column 3
2) When user logs into the application the user can change column ordering and other stuff and on log off we save the layout in an XML file
3) When user logs back in again, the layout is loaded as per the user last saved xml file.
4) In a recent release of the application we add two more columns Column 4a and Column 4b. Column 4a was marked as excludefromColumn chooser and visible=false and Column 4b was included in the chooser and visible=true
5) Now after new design time change, when user logged into the application with new changes and used the previously save xml,the following issues were seen
i) Column 4b was not displayed by defaulted (this could be caused of the xml file)
ii) In the column chooser column 4a and column 4b both were being displayed, thus confusion the user.
Let me know if this a behaviour and if this can be resolved by an code workaround?
ravivishnubhotla said:i) Column 4b was not displayed by defaulted (this could be caused of the xml file)
This makes sense, since the column was not in the XML file. The grid probably assumes since the column does not exist in the saved layout that it should not be visible.
ravivishnubhotla said:ii) In the column chooser column 4a and column 4b both were being displayed, thus confusion the user.
This does not make sense. When the layout is loaded, column 4a should not exist in the layout and so it should not be visible and none of it's properties should be changed. If ExcludeFromColumnChooser is getting changed on a column that does not exist in the layout, it's a bug.
I'm going to forward this thread over to Infragistics Developer Support so they can check it out and see if they can duplicate the issue.
Thanks Mike. Let me know if you need any repro code for this.