Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrids and Combos missing interface
posted

I have a Windows Forms application that we have been developing for a year in Visual Studio 2005.  We are using NetAdvantage 2009.2.  A couple of days ago, some of the controls began to appear in the same bar as the other controls w/ no visible interface, like UltraCalcManager, UltraValidator, etc.  The controls still appear on the form, but I cannot click on them, I can only click on their icons in the bar.  When I move the icon for the control on the bar, it moves the control seemingly randomly around the form.

The only controls (that I use) that are affected are the UltraGrid, UltraListView, UltraCombo. 

Other controls that I use (UltraComboEditor, UltraTextEditor) function normally.

I am unable to access the Custom Property Pages for these controls and therefore, unable to edit them.

I have had 2 other developers test the design of the same app, and they do not have any problem w/ these controls.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Infragistics components to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Dave,

If the grid, combo, dropdown, etc. are showing up in the component tray, it's a sure sign that Visual Studio is unable to find the Design assembly for those controls.The designer for these controls is in Infragisticss.Win.Design.dll. So that file needs to be in the GAC on the machine but should not be referenced in your project.

My guess is that your project has mixed references or you have set CopyLocal on the assemblies to true. Or perhaps your toolbox has the wrong version of the assemblies in it.

Offline posted

Thanks, Mike.  I somehow lost the Infragistics.Win.Design.dll (for v. 8.3) .  It was not in the GAC.  I had tried installing Infragistics 9.2, but uninstalled that and reinstalled 8.3 and everything is working again.

Thanks,

Dave