Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Load Layout From XML file.
posted

I'm using the Infragistics v9.2 and the ultrawingrid.DisplayLayout.SaveAsXml() routine to store the columns the user has selected to hide or show in the grid. This gives the benefit of maintaining a constant interface to the user. However when the columns are loaded from the XML file some unexpected results emerge.

Figure 1 - Original grid column layout.

I am using a grid which is bound to a datasource, and has two columns which are excluded from the column chooser. (The first 2 columns) I have my column chooser on a seperate dialog, when a change in made in this dialog the new layout is saved to the xml file. The xml files are loaded in the constuctor of my control.

Figure 2 - The column chooser without the excluded columns.

There are two columns which are hidden from the column chooser, these are a boolean column and an image column. Both have no caption, when the layout is loaded both columns show the key in the caption area. Also both of the hidden columns show up in the column chooser, even though they have been set to be excluded.

Figure 3 - The grid after loading the layout, with the keys in the header.

Figure 4 - Column chooser after loading the layout from the xml file showing the hidden columns.

Anybody have any thought on what could  be causing this? Ideally I require the ability to save both the new locations of columns and the visibility.

Thanks

Sean