Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there a way to install/use older versions of NetAdvantage in VS2010?
posted

I work for a company that started using the NetAdvantage framework back in 2005.  At the end of 2006 we finished a major project that uses the NetAdvantage 2006.3 framework.  Ever since then I have been locked in to using the 2006.3 framework for future applications because a.) management will not let me upgrade our original application and b.) for ease of maintenance, all other projects that I've written have had to use the 2006.3 framework as well.

I've been able to upgrade a couple of my applications to VS2010 without any problems, however, I need to write another application using the 2006.3 framework.  I've already started the application and I've laid down a lot of behind-the-scenes code (authentication, database interactivity and web service communications layers) and I am now ready to form the GUI.

Is there a way that I can get 2006.3 installed into VS2010 and subsequently added to my tool box?  If I need to, I can port this application to a new VS2008 application and then upgrade it to VS2010, but I'd prefer to avoid that operation, if possible.

Thanks for any advice.  I know 2006.3 is "old" is software terms but I have no control over this and I would still prefer to use the newer development tools I have access to, if at all possible.