Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Splitter combing with a Dock Pane
posted

Hello

I have a user control which at the moment has a vertical splitter with a child control in each pane. I would like to add a third child control by using a collapsible dock pane. Should I remove the splitter control and use only dock panes instead? Can I make two adjacent panes two behave as a vertical splitter, in the sense that those panes are not to be hidden, become floating panes or collapsed?

Thanks a lot

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

You can use a dock manager for all three panes, but if you want to disable most of the dock manager features for them anyway, I wouldn't recommend it. I would just dock the one extra pane with the dock manager. Use a Panel with it's Dock property set to Fill as the main area of the UserControl not occupied by the dock pane. Then add your splitter and two controls to that fill Panel. This should give you the desired effect.

Children
No Data