Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ultratoolbar crash - application menu ToolArea Right
posted

Hi ,

I am trying to add buttons to the Ribbon's app menu in the Right Tool Area. Basically, I need to populate it with my Most Recently Used Files List.  When I add buttons there through the designer, it works fine. But when I add tools at run time (coded below), it does appear on the ribbon, but my app crashes when I click on any one of them.  

Basically what I did was:

List<string> RecentFilesList =GetRecentFilesList();

ButtonTool buttonTool = null;
            foreach (string sProjpath in RecentFilesList)
            {
                string sKey = sProjpath;
                buttonTool = new ButtonTool(sKey);

if (ToolbarManager.Tools.Exists(sKey))
                    continue;

buttonTool.SharedPropsInternal.Caption = sProjpath;

ToolbarManager.Tools.AddRange(new ToolBase[] { buttonTool });

//Add the button to the right area of the application menu
                buttonTool = new ButtonTool(sKey);

ToolbarManager.Ribbon.ApplicationMenu.ToolAreaRight.NonInheritedTools.AddRange(new ToolBase[] { buttonTool });

ToolbarManager.Ribbon.ToolbarsManager.Tools[sKey].SharedProps.Enabled = true;

}

At Run Time I do get to see my recent files buttons displayed on the right side of the app menu. But when I click on them, my application crashes. The exception and the stack trace is :

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolMenuItem.OnClick()
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at PSES.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\CCRC_View\E413496_CCRC_view\Prod_URT\ProfitSuiteEngineeringStudio\Infrastructure\PSES\Program.cs:line 26
   at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Am I missing some additional step. I ensured that I am not missing any step done at compile time in the designer.

Can anyone help.

Regards

Roshan

Parents
    posted

One more input:

The tool click event has been handled, and debugger hits there when buttons are added at compile time.

Regards, Roshan

Reply Children
No Data