Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with version-free assemblies
posted

Hi all,
I just wanted to start using the version-free assemblies for our new projects.
I have read about the "how-to":
(http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2010.2/CLR2.0/html/Introduction_Using_Version_Free_Assemblies.html)
where you mention that these assemblies have to be installed in the GAC.

When using the assemblies with version I never installed them in the GAC, just referenced them in the ToolBox pointing to the desired location. That worked fine.
When I dragged a control to my form (UltraGrid) it showed up on the form and the relevant assemblies were automatically referenced (Shared, Win.Misc, Win, Win.UltraGrid).

Now after creating a new toolbox for the version-free assemblies (without putting them in the GAC - just like I did with the versioned ones) I can no longer drag a Control to my form.
It doesn't show up (not on the form, just below in the bottom-line) and no related assemblies get referenced. Even if I reference the missing assemblies myself, I can not get the control displayed on my form.

What am I doing wrong here?
Any help is kindly appreciated.

best regards
Andy