Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hierarchical DropDown (UltraGrid dropdown) in specified UltraGrid cell.
posted

Hi!

I have a special case where I've populated an UltraGrid with entities (display entities) through a BindingList<T>. The top most row in the grid is always an "empty" display entity and that row is also the only editable row, entering data in that row before continuing creates a new enity.

My problem is that I want to add a hierachical drop down to one of the cells in the "empty" row, this far I've tried this: 

1) I've created one UltraTextEditor, one DropDownEditorButton and one UltraGrid (to drop down)
2) After that I used the UltraTextEditor as the EditorComponent for the specified cell on row 0.
3) Then I proceeded adding the DropDownEditorButton to the UltraTextEditor through ButtonsRight.Add().
4) When this is hooked up I used the UltraGrid as the Control for the DropDownEditorButton.
5) Finally I populated the grid with my data.

Unfortunately the DropDownEdtiorButton is not visible in the cell and thus I cannot drop down my grid. Is there any soloution to this, have I just missed setting some property for my button, editor, or grid?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

This might be a problem with the order. You should set up the UltraTextEditor, the DropDownEditorButton, and the grid on the dropdown first. Setting the EditorComponent property on the grid column should be the last thing you do.

If that still does not help, then my guess is that the cell is not editable. It has to be able to enter edit mode in order to show a button or respond to a click on an editor button.

Reply Children
No Data