Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Legend tooltip on a WinChart
posted

Hello, I'm trying to implement a tooltip on the legend of my winchart but its not working out...

I'm wanting to set up where, if I click on a label on the legend, the line on the chart will bold and then it checks to see if the line of the chart is bold in CHARTDRAWITEM and bold the label on the legend.  But for some reason, when I click the first label, it would bold everything.  I think I know the problem but I'm not sure how to fix this.  Please help me out.

Private Sub ChartDrawItem(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Events.ChartDrawItemEventArgs)

If e.Primitive.Path IsNot Nothing AndAlso e.Primitive.Path.IndexOf("Legend") <> -1 Then

If e.Primitive.Row > -1 AndAlso e.Primitive.Column > -1 Then

e.Primitive.Caps = Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.PCaps.HitTest Or Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.PCaps.Tooltip

If e.Primitive.Path IsNot Nothing AndAlso e.Primitive.Path.ToLower.Contains("legend") Then

If TypeOf (e.Primitive) Is Box Then

LastPrimitive = e.Primitive

e.Primitive.Column = 0

ElseIf TypeOf (e.Primitive) Is Text Then

Dim t As Text = CType(e.Primitive, Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.Text)

e.Primitive.Row = LastPrimitive.Row

e.Primitive.Column = LastPrimitive.Column

e.Primitive.Value = LastPrimitive.Value

End If

End If

If Me.tcResults.SelectedIndex < Me.charts.Count AndAlso _

TypeOf (e.Primitive) Is Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.Text Then

Dim chart As UltraWinChart.UltraChart = charts(Me.tcResults.SelectedIndex)

Dim colNum As Integer = e.Primitive.Column

'colNum = 1

If colNum >= 0 AndAlso _

chart.LineChart.LineAppearances.Count > colNum AndAlso _

chart.LineChart.LineAppearances(colNum).Thickness = 8 Then

Dim pText As Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.Text = DirectCast(e.Primitive, Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.Text)

Dim tFont As Font = pText.labelStyle.Font

pText.labelStyle.Font = New Font(tFont.FontFamily, tFont.Size, FontStyle.Bold)

End If

End If

Else

e.Primitive.PE.Fill = Color.White

e.Primitive.Caps = Infragistics.UltraChart.Core.Primitives.PCaps.None

End If

e.Primitive.Chart = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.ChartType.LineChart

End If

End Sub

Parents
    posted

Hello Ninix,

Maybe one possible approach to achieve desired bahvior could be if you are using events:

- ultraChart1_DataItemOver()

- ultraChart1_FillSceneGraph()

Please take a look at the attached sample for more details and let me know if you have any questions

Regards

UltraChart3DPieChart.zip
Reply Children
No Data