Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Wizard not displaying
posted

Hey all,

I am trying to implement a wizard based approach in one of my windows forms using an UltraTab control with the style set to 'Wizard'. In designer, this works fine - I can navigate between tabs with the small navigation box that appears in the top right hand corner which alsdo contains the number of the tab you are currently on. However, when it actually comes to running the form, this navigation box disappears.

I have also tried changing the style to 'NotePage', which not only has this navigation box but also a couple of small triangles either side to move between tabs also. But here when I run the code, the small triangles are present to navigate with but the navigation box isn't, so although you can now move between tabs, you can't see which one you are on.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

posted

This is correct behavior. As the summary description of the UltraTabControlStyle.Wizard value states:

"No UI is provided at runtime to navigate between tabs and there are no borders around the control."

The navigation box you see is so you can navigate the tabs at design time, but at runtime it is hidden and you will need to set up some sort of UI to allow the user to change tabs in a manner in which you're in control. This would most likely be in the form of 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons on the shared controls page.

When the style is 'NotePage', the navigation box is present at design time to let you know which tab you are currently designing.