Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid -- Editing headers?
posted

Is there a way to style the actual controls used in a XamDataGrid's headings?  Specifically (as crazy as it sounds), I want to be able to in-place edit a grid column heading. It would behave like a regular editable grid-cell; namely that it would look like a pretty gradient cell, until I click on the text, at which time a text entry would appear there and let me do input.

I suppose I could do this by using an Entry as an adorner, that would appear only when I clicked to edit a heading.

Parents
    posted

Hi,

Other than the adorner idea (which is a clever idea), you can customize the header area of the xamDataGrid. The XamFeatureBrowser which gets installed with the product comes with a sample how to customize the header area. You can manage your own controls in this area, replacing the standard header buttons. With more programming, you can also access the control template for the grid and style the header buttons. This would take more disection and may prove problematic. Managing your own header area may prove easier.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Reply Children
No Data