Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NullReferenceException when searching
posted

I have the following configuration

<ig:XamComboEditor Grid.Column="2" Width="300"
ItemsSource="{Binding Entities}"
SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedEntity}"
DisplayMemberPath="Name"
AllowFiltering="True">
</ig:XamComboEditor>

When I search I get a NullReferenceException. If I remove the DisplayMemberPath="Name" property the exception goes away. Please help.

Stack trace

at Infragistics.DataManagerBase.BuildPropertyExpressionFromPropertyName(String propertyName, ParameterExpression paramExpression, CachedTypedInfo cachedTypedInfo, Type propertyType, Object defaultValue)
at Infragistics.Controls.Editors.ComboEditorBase`2.CreateComplexPropertyCondition(Type dataType, String fieldName, String filterText, Expression`1 filterExpression, CachedTypedInfo cachedTypedInfo)
at Infragistics.Controls.Editors.ComboEditorBase`2.GetStartsWithCondition(Type dataType, String fieldName, String filterText, CachedTypedInfo cachedTypedInfo)
at Infragistics.Controls.Editors.ComboEditorBase`2.SearchAndFilterItemsByText(String text, Boolean performAutoComplete)
at Infragistics.Controls.Editors.ComboEditorBase`2.ProcessEditorText(Boolean allowDropDown, Boolean attemptAutoComplete)
at Infragistics.Controls.Editors.ComboEditorBase`2.DelayTracker_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Ali,

I have put together a sample project based on the code snippet you have shared and no exception is thrown when running the application on my side. It was built against 16.2.20162.2045. Which is the specific version you are using?

I have attached the sample project to the thread, please feel free to test it and modify if needed to illustrate the issue.

XamComboEditorSSelectedItem.zip
Children
No Data