Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamPropertyGrid: The description panel doesn't wrap the text
posted

Hello,

using the DescriptionAttribute to show the a description of a property doesn't wrap the text. Is there a workaround?

Using v16.1 + DarkMetroTheme

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Markus,

In order to wrap the text of the Description area for a property in the XamPropertyGrid, I would recommend that you include the default style for the PropertyGridDescriptionAreaControl. Since you are using the MetroDark theme, you will want to include the MetroDark default style for this control, which exists in the MetroDark.xamPropertyGrid.xaml file commonly found at the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2016.1\WPF\Themes\MetroDark\

Once you have included this style and its dependencies, there is a TextBlock in the default template of this element that is bound to the SelectedPropertyDescription path. This is the TextBlock that you want to modify, and if you set the TextWrapping property on it to "Wrap," the text of the description should wrap.

I have attached a sample project to demonstrate. I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer

PropertyGridDescriptionWrap.zip
Reply Children
No Data