Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid HeaderPrefixArea Style issue
posted

Hi,

I have a style that inserts a Button in the HeaderPrefixArea and a behavior (with a Dependency Property) that I'm attaching to the Button.

I'm binding the  Dependency Property to the XamDataGrid. The issue is when I use the RelativeSource binding, the behavoir is throwing an exception. If I bind by ElementName it works.

The reason I want to use the RelativeSource is because I want this style to be in the App.xaml

Please see attached sample.

<igDP:XamDataGrid.Resources>
                <Style TargetType="{x:Type igDP:HeaderPrefixArea}"
                       BasedOn="{x:Null}">
                    <Setter Property="Visibility"
                            Value="Visible" />
                    <Setter Property="Template">
                        <Setter.Value>
                            <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type igDP:HeaderPrefixArea}">
                                <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal"
                                            HorizontalAlignment="{TemplateBinding HorizontalAlignment}"
                                            VerticalAlignment="{TemplateBinding VerticalAlignment}">
                                    <Button Name="testButton"
                                            VerticalAlignment="Center"
                                            Height="25"
                                            Content="Click Me">
                                        <i:Interaction.Behaviors>
                                            <local:ButtonBehavior ParentDG="{Binding  ElementName=dataGrid}" />
                                            <!--<local:ButtonBehavior ParentDG="{Binding  RelativeSource={RelativeSource Mode=FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type igDP:XamDataGrid}}}" />-->
                                        </i:Interaction.Behaviors>
                                    </Button>
                                </StackPanel>
                            </ControlTemplate>
                        </Setter.Value>
                    </Setter>
                </Style>
            </igDP:XamDataGrid.Resources>