Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding to a list of string
posted

My case is like this:

I have a List

public List<string> CategoryList{ get; set; }

In xmal, I bind like this

DataSource="{Binding CategoryList, Mode=OneWay}"

1. I don't know how to write the TextField label.

2. After I set this list to a list of string, the grid shows the row numbers but no data.

How can I display this list of string in the xamDataGrid?

Offline posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your question, however, by default the approach with defining Fields, TextFields, etc. and set their name property works if the field corresponds to a specific property of the underlying data.
    In your scenario instead of defining field layout, I can suggest two approaches:

1. Set the AutoGenerateFields property to true and in the grid's  FieldLayoutInitialized event handler gets the field and set its Label per your requirement:

private void XamDataGrid_FieldLayoutInitialized(object sender, Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.Events.FieldLayoutInitializedEventArgs e)
            {
                e.FieldLayout.Fields["Value"].Label = "My Label";
            }

2. Instead of TextField define it as UndoundField:

<igDP:XamDataGrid DataSource="{Binding Mode=OneWay}">
                <igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayoutSettings>
                    <igDP:FieldLayoutSettings AutoGenerateFields="False"/>
                </igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayoutSettings>
                <igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayouts>
                    <igDP:FieldLayout>
                        <igDP:UnboundField BindingPath="." Name="Value" Label="My Label"/>
                    </igDP:FieldLayout>
                </igDP:XamDataGrid.FieldLayouts>
            </igDP:XamDataGrid>

I have attached a sample application, that uses the second approach, however, as a comment, you could find the first as well. Please test it on your side and let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Associate Software Developer

7356.XDG_to_List.zip