Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid ContextMenu Handler in MVVM
posted

Hi, I have been struggling for a few days now to find an answer for these questions.

first, I need to a be able to select an item on right click on the XamDataGrid. I did hope that my XAML

for ContextMenu would do the trick and I saw that the item that is highlighted when I right click on the

row to get the ContextMenu I open, would set the SelectedItems property, but the bound property in

my ViewModel returns a null on this.

Next, I am trying to pass the Row on the XamDataGrid as the item to my ContextMenu (Command)

handler in my ViewModel which relates  to my effort on the previous point. I read numerous posts

about ContextMenu being not on the same Visual tree as the XamDataGrid itself, which is why the

property SelectedItems cannot be propogated to the Command. I even read that the SelectedItems

property on XamDataGrid is not aDependencyProperty which is why even upon binding it to a property

defined in the ViewModel, it wouldn't stick to it.

My goal is to pass the row values or the entire row of the XamDataGrid, when I right click on ContextMenu

to perform some action which needs these details in the CommandHandler in the ViewModel. How

can I achieve this?

I posted the code and my question even on stackoverflow here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3003583/using-mvvm-how-to-pass-selecteditems-of-a-xamdatagrid-as-parameter-to-the-comman

.  Any help is very much appreciated.

Parents Reply Children
No Data