Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Attaching a command to a XamColorPicker (XamPickerCommandSource?)
posted

Hi, I am attempting to attach a command object of type DelegateCommand<Color> to a xamColorPicker so that the command gets executed when a colour is selected.  I noticed the XamPickerCommandSource class which appears to do the job according to the sparse documentation.

Could an example of its use please be provided?

Thanks,

Jason

posted

Jason,

This is being researched, and I will follow up with you on the case that you created for this same request. As soon as we have solid information, we will post it here as well.

Thank you,

Sam 

posted

Hello Jason,

After some research I have discussed with our engineering team, and it seems that you may need ICommand implementation that invokes specific action. ColorPicker is not an ICommandSource therefore it has no triggerring mechanism to execute a command. You would need to write or use a behavior that will execute a command (your Delegate Command in this case) when a given event is invoked. Some implementation, writing behavior or about custom commands can be found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752308.aspx

Sam