Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dock manager floating and docked windows at run time after adding it to docmanager
posted

Hi,

In my application, I am using

<igDock:XamDockManager  Name="dockManager">
                <igDock:XamDockManager.Panes>
                </igDock:XamDockManager.Panes>
</igDock:XamDockManager>

And at run time I want to open content pane under split pane as dock style as Fill (It should fill the entire doc manager) and then on a button click (or user choice) I want to decide the Dock Type of the split pane or content pane.

As right now you need to give dock style while creating the panel and before adding it to dockmanager like this.

XamDockManager.SetInitialLocation(splitPane, InitialPaneLocation.DockableFloating);this.dockManagerControl.Panes.Add(splitPane);

But I want to add InitialPaneLocation.DockableFloating after adding it to dock manager, on some user action.

Please let me know the way for achieving this type of functionality.

Thanks,
Rosy

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

InitialPaneLocation is named as such because it cannot be changed once it is sited. SplitPane and TabGroupPane instances are not moved - only the ContentPanes within are moved. So you have a couple of options - one would be to find out who the parent of the pane is (e.g. LogicalTreeHelper.GetParent) and try to remove it from its current parent and then create a new splitpane in the desired spot and add it there the same way you would have when you first created/positioned the pane. Another option would be to use the various commands defined on the ContentPaneCommands class.

posted

Hello Rosy,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

If the above suggestion helped you solve your issue please verify the thread as answered so other users may take better advantage of it.