Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ItemPath
posted
How can I draw my own Path?

Right now I have this:

M 9,250 C9,250 491,250 238,250

But I would like to be able to see it and draw my own path.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

The Path you mentioned is something like mini language that is used in the Xaml to specify some types of geometries. In the current example you can notice that the Data is specified by some integers and letters. In this example after “M” follows the coordinate of the first point in the path. The “C” symbol is used for assigning the control points of an Bezier curve. After specifying this control points the Path will “knows” that you want to draw a smooth curve between this points and this will trigger internal algorithm for drawing this curve for you. For further reference how the Path works you can check the following article form the Microsoft documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc189041(v=vs.95).aspx 

Another possible approach that I believe can help you visually see the curve is to designed the Path you desired by using the Expression Blend which will provide this coordinates for you.

If you need any further assistance on this, please let me know.

Children
No Data