Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamPivotGrid, XamPivotDataSelector, multiple databases, mulitple cubes, loading dimensions fails sporadically
posted

Hello,

I am using version 12.1.20121.2002 of the WPF DV controls.

I have a pivot grid and data selector attached to an XMLADataSource with MSMDPump.DLL. I use credentials to establish the connection to an SSAS. The connection returns databases/cubes based on the credentials. Some of the cubes contain 150 dimensions or more (referred to as large cube). I monitor all the XMLADataSource “Completed” events such as “LoadSchemaCompleted”, “LoadCubesCompleted”, etc. Once the connection is established, the databases are always correctly returned and made available for selection in the data selector. Then, selecting a database always correctly returns its cubes and displays them in the data selector correctly as well.

Now, and this happens sporadically, selecting a large cube then will not always load its measure groups and dimensions. The last event I can monitor is the”LoadMeasuresCompleted” event. Its “AsyncCompletedEventArgs” does not contain any errors. The data source does not raise any further “PropertyChange” notifications in its “Processing” property. I have to go back to the data selector and select another cube, and then, loading of measures/measure groups/dimensions usually works. After an initial successful loading of the data, it seems that the problem does not reoccur. Selecting back the original cube then correctly loads its data.

I also need to mention does this happens with large cubes only. If I initially load a small cube, things work. Switching to a large cube then, things work as well.

It seems related to a strange timing issue. I really need your help to track this down.

Thanks,

Frank