Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
grid and chart combined
posted

Hi,

I have used the grid control to group my data into various fields. However I need to extract the grouped data, in order to be able to project it in a chart or a heatMap.

I cannot figure out how to extract grouped data from the grid and pass it to the heatMap.

Any help wil be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Nishaath,

You may want to consider using a CollectionViewSource.  The XamDataGrid doesn't actually change your underlying data into a grouped format so there isn't really anything you can pass to your heatmap.  You can, however, create a CollectionViewSource with GroupDescriptions that match the grouping used in the XamDataGrid.  You could then pass this to the heatmap.

Here is an article on MSDN that shows you how to use CollectionViewSource. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff407126(v=vs.110).aspx

The article uses it with the MS DataGrid but the way CollectionViewSource is created and grouped does not depend on the control.

Children
No Data