Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
VersionUtility 2017.1 installation failed on VisualStudio 2015 & 2017
posted

during the installation of VersionUtility 2017.1 i get error message - Microsoft Visual Studio: Unknown Error

log file:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action VS2017DevSetup, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\, command: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /setup /nosetupvstemplates
=== Logging stopped: 2017-07-30 16:24:46 ===

what could be wrong? i'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit, have installed both VS2015 Pro and VS2017 Pro. both IDEs looks fine, i can code and compile with them.

other parts (WinForms, ASP.NET, WPF, etc...) installed without problems. the only problem is with VersionUtility. 

VS2017 is fresh installed, one week ago. VS2015 is older and have VersionUtility 2013.1 and 2016.1 installed.

thanks for any help!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Ppecek,

Thank you for posting to our forum.

Currently I am discussing the log file with the engineering service team.

I will provide you further update when I’ll hear back from them.

Meanwhile if you have further questions or concerns please let me know.

Children
No Data