Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Confused about managing assets
posted

I have been using IG since 2008, and with each upgrade, modifying my assets has been a hassle. 

Now, my sites have both an "ig_res" and "ig_common" folders, and I have no idea what the difference is between them.  My sites also have some legacy controls (UltraWebGrid mainly) that were built using Presets, and others that were built using App Styling using your default styles.

I am thrilled with the direction you're taking with the CDN.  Absolutely brilliant.  But I'm confused about how this impacts my legacy controls.

For example, I enabled CDN on my site, and all my Aikido controls continue to render well, but suddenly I lost images on some of my legacy controls and had to manually point them to the appropriate local ig_res image folder.

I guess my questions are these:

• With new upgrades (10.3), will I need to do anything at all regarding deploying assets if I have the CDN enabled?
  • What about design-time rendering?  Do I need to update the ig_res or ig_common folders so that I can see styles at design-time? 
    • The "Application Styling Configuration" plugin does not have an option to pull assets from the CDN... so if I don't upgrade the ig_res and ig_common folders, what configuration steps do I need to make to my websites to make sure the styles are current?
  • Once I fully upgrade to the Aikido controls, will I be able to delete the ig_res and ig_common folders from my sites altogether?

Parents Reply Children
No Data